Do you dream of working with a tight-knit team? Are you looking for a place you will enjoy coming to work each day? Does the thought of working with a team who values the work they do by bringing encouragement and support to other team members excite you? Great! We may have the perfect opportunity for you.
East Holland Veterinary Clinic is proud to be the “go-to” animal hospital in Holland, Michigan. Located on the coastline of Lake Michigan, you will be sure to fall in love with Holland’s small town charm. Take a stroll downtown to explore our locally owned shops, galleries, restaurants, and brew pubs. Looking for an adventure? Whether you are paddleboarding, kayaking, ﬁshing, or boating on Lake Michigan, there is so much fun to be had on the water. During the winter months, enjoy sledding, ice ﬁshing, snowboarding, skiing or snowshoeing. With over 1800 acres of parks for cycling, hiking, or enjoying a picnic, people of all ages will love spending time outdoors here. Looking for a weekend getaway? Take a quick 30-minute drive to downtown Grand Rapids or a 3-hour drive to explore downtown Chicago!
East Holland Veterinary Clinic has been serving the Holland community for over 40 years. In 2017, we proudly became an AAHA accredited veterinary practice. We are primarily a small animal practice, but also enjoy seeing reptiles and small mammals. Being a family owned and operated veterinary practice, we understand and value the importance of a work-life balance. Here, our team is an extension of our family. We are always open to new ideas, and encourage employee growth! If you are searching for a practice that is committed to your success while maintaining a healthy work-life balance, then we are the practice for you!
What You’ll Be Working On
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Diagnose, treat and manage a variety of small animal cases
- Provide education to clients and staff on recommendations and choices in care
- Maintain a positive work environment
- Guide, utilize, and mentor exceptional support staff
- General Surgery- Spay, Neuter, Dental, Growth removal, cystotomy, exploratory, etc.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from an accredited program required
- Be licensed or able to be licensed in the state of Michigan
- A minimum of three years of experience preferred; open to new grads
- Routine surgical, dentistry, and general wellness care experience preferred
- Experience working on emergency medicine cases including surgery preferred
- Experience working exotic and pocket pet cases are a plus!
- Highly motivated, with a desire to lead our amazing team
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated compassion for patients and clients
- Ability to collaborate and work within a team environment
- Desire to become lead general surgeon
- Interest in orthopedics are welcomed, but not necessary
What’s In It For You
- Competitive salary
- Signing bonus eligibility
- Student loan repayment eligibility
- Flexible scheduling – including no on-call or after hours!
- Paid Time Off
- Health insurance coverage
- CE stipend including dedicated paid time off
- Liability and malpractice insurance coverage
- AVMA membership dues coverage
- State and DEA licenses fees coverage
- Professional development with special interests
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin,sex,sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics Copyright © 2021 Beyond Just You