Due to the recent Stay Home order of Governor Whitmer and recommendations from the CDC (Center for Disease Control), WHO (World Health Organization) & AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association) we are reducing clinic hours and limiting the number of routine vaccine appointments and routine spay/neuters we see on a daily basis. Cleaning protocols have been increased and we are making every effort to limit the exposure to our staff and clients.
The clinics new hours are as follows Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, and Saturday 8am-12pm.
- Appointment requests:
- Call us @ 616-392-1835
- We are booking routine and non-urgent appointments out to the end of April
- Elective surgeries such as spays, neuters and routine dental cleanings will be rescheduled to a later date. All other surgical procedures that are deemed necessary for the comfort and health of the patient will continue as scheduled.
- Puppy and kitten vaccine booster appointments are an exception to this as this series of vaccines is important for building their immunity to infectious diseases.
- Pets scheduled for euthanasia will be allowed two family members to be present for the procedure. We believe it is important for the pets owner to say their proper goodbye's when end of life decisions are made.
- We will make every effort possible to get your sick pet in for an exam
- Appointment check in:
- Call us @ 616-392-1835 upon arrival to the clinic. The receptionist will give you instructions.
- We are currently not allowing clients to enter the building so we do ask that you wait in your vehicle for a staff member to retrieve your pet. You will still be able to communicate with the doctor, however, it will be via telephone or a zoom conference call.
- If anyone in your household is/has been sick, please call before your appointment
- Med/Food refills:
- Please call ahead @ 616-392-1835 & again when arriving to pick up the medications
- Staff will deliver your food/medication to your vehicle
- We ask that all payments be made via telephone
Thank you to all of our clients & staff for your patience and understanding during this time of uncertainty! We understand that this is a very difficult time and many of us are having to adjust our day to day activities. Please know that we aim to be here and to provide the same great level of care for you and your pet(s).